Thursday, December 15, 2011

Still Alive...and Coming Up For Air!

Every year about this time, no matter how hard I fight against it, I seem to take an unintentional Sabbatical from blogging. I wish I could say it was because I am taking this time to really focus on Jesus, to be still and quiet before Him as we remember and celebrate His birth. But alas, I have just been trying to stay afloat through the busyness of this month. I am typically the "early to bed, early to rise" type, but late nights have become my specialty as of late.

Anyone else out there been stuck in the spirit of, "Go! Go! Go! Merry Christmas!"

This week I went to the post office to ship 30 (THIRTY!) packages and about 120 letters. I'm pretty sure the only reason I didn't get cussed out by the long line of people behind me is because I had an adorable little Ethiopian boy dancing around, playing with his train, and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. (Way to go, Sammy!)

But, I think I am (finally) about finished. Just a few minor details remain and the heavy weight of preparations that had to be made has been lifted. I have definitely been more of a Martha than a Mary this month, and I'm ready to make the switch. (Luke 10:38-42)

Leave me a comment to let me know one thing you do to help yourself stay focused on Jesus and keep a quiet heart during this season.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow 30 packages??!! I've only sent 1 and I'm tired of the post office!

To answer the question, well, I struggle with this too. I try not to spend too much time shopping (specifically at the mall). This kills the "reason for the season" for me. Other than that, I just try and pray a lot in between all of the craziness. ha!