Monday, June 1, 2009

Uncle Teve

My brother, Steve, is in town for a training event with his job! Yea!! Haven't seen him since we moved to California last August. He flew in last night and we went out to dinner at The Counter. Best burgers in San Jose. Mmmmm! Tonight I'm cooking "Penne with Shrimp and Herbed Cream Sauce" (from Giada's Kitchen) with a side of asparagus. It's a delicous recipe and I'll try to post it later this week.

As a surprise for Caedmon, Uncle Teve brought a Seasame Street bicycle helmet with matching knee pads and elbow pads (perfect for all of that high-speed racing we do on the tricycle)! Well, Caedmon LOVES them! In fact, he has hardly taken them off since receiving them. I have managed to talk him into leaving them in the car when we go in public places by convincing him that they may get lost if we take them with us!
Over and over today Caedmon has said to me, "I like those Elmo things," and "I have to say "Thank You" to Uncle Teve for those Elmo things." Uncle Teve, you hit a home run with your gift! Who knew it could be so easy to win a child's heart?!

No comments: