Saturday, August 29, 2009

And, I'm back!

Well, looks like I took a sabatical from blogging. Not due to a lack of content, that's for sure. No, we've had no shortage of activities, pictures, funny comments from Caedmon, discipline issues, or horrendous messes to clean...the normal topics of my blog. But for whatever reason, I just COULD NOT find the time to sit down and right them all up. I so admire people who are able to keep their blog updated regularly.

I have a friend who is a mother of two and wife to the pastor of a very large and rapidly growing church. I know that her life is no less chaotic than mine, but somehow she manages to do an awesome job keeping up with her blog. Maybe one day I'll get there, but for now, well, I'll just "do my best (and forget the rest)." (In the words of Tony Horton, P90X trainer.)

I'm going to do a series of blogs to catch up on a little of what we've been up to this summer. Andy took Caedmon out for "Boys' Club" this morning so I have a couple hours of peaceful bliss to myself. I'll try to post one a day until I get caught up. So, be prepared to be bombarded with pictures over the next week or two!

First flash back: July 4th

We celebrated the 4th of July by helping the city of Santa Clara with their annual Independence Day Celebration. We had some mission teams come in town to help and were able to provide over 50 volunteers for this fun event. We had games for the kids, prizes, give aways, and told a lot of people about South Bay Church. While it wasn't a pool party or cook out at the lake, it was still a really fun and stategic way to spend the holiday.

No comments: