Wednesday, May 28, 2014

That Awkward Moment...

I've had two rather awkward moments recently:

1- I bought a new pair of jeans from H&M a couple weeks ago. When I put them on to wear them for the first time, I noticed something was in the pocket. That's weird, I thought. I pulled it out to find a receipt. A receipt from Auntie Anne's Pretzels, a place I've never bought anything from before. Definitely NOT my receipt. Which, obviously, brought me to the question of, "Whose butt has been in my jeans? And what kind of unders was she wearing?!?" In that moment, I felt deep regret for not washing my new jeans before wearing them. Gross.

2- Andy's brother, Josh, and his wife, Jamie, recently came to visit us. On the morning that they were leaving I heard Josh open the front door and say, "Hi, I'm Josh...pause...Were they expecting you?" I came downstairs to see what was going on, thinking maybe it was a repair man or someone selling something. But instead there was a man I've never seen before standing in my foyer with a suitcase. He'd already taken off his shoes and clearly intended to stay a while. My mind was racing as to what in the world could be going on while we all stood there looking at each other nervously.

"Oh!!" I finally exclaimed. "You must be here for the wedding!"

"Yes, yes." He rapidly shook his head in agreement.

I just happened to remember that our next door neighbors were getting married that day. He was almost in the right place. So close. But so awkwardly far away!

No comments: