Monday, November 24, 2008

Due to recent cut backs...


Today I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Due to recent cut backs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."

After I laughed out loud, I thought that statement really captured what so many people are feeling right now. We are living in the greatest economic crisis of my lifetime, and some have even said since the Great Depression. There is so much uncertainty. Most of us personally know someone who has lost a job or had major life style changes as a result of the economy. People are really hurting and some feel that they are without hope.

When I saw that bumper sticker, I was so glad that the Light at the end of my tunnel never turns off. He is Hope for the hopeless. He offers peace that passes all understanding. He gives perspective when life is overwhelming. The Light of the World shines brightest in the darkness.

No comments: