Friday, May 6, 2011

A Huge Surprise!


By the time this post publishes, Andy & I will be on our way to go skydiving! Yes, that's right, skydiving! 

I am surprising Andy with a skydiving trip for his 30th birthday (which isn't until June 15). I'm not exactly sure how he's going to react because I know he's pretty scared at the thought of skydiving. So, I'm giving him the gift he never knew he always wanted! :-) I just hope he doesn't get too mad at me!
I wrote the poem below and gave it to him in a Happy Birthday card about 20 minutes before it was time to go. I'm going to video tape him reading it aloud for the first time to get his initial reaction. Bahahaha! I'm having way too much fun with this!

We are currently doing a message series at church called "One Life, No Regrets". I didn't intentionally plan it this way, but it just so happens that next Sunday Andy is preaching about Regret Free Risks! How perfect is that?! Our worship pastor, Archie, is coming along to get some good pictures and video footage...which I suspect you might catch a glimpse of next Sunday. Also, our friends Jack & Jennalene will be skydiving with us. (We're all jumping tandem, in case you're wondering.)

Stay tuned for pictures and video footage! And now, here's how Andy realized what we're going to do...


Peeking just around the corner
Is your thirtieth birthday
And I felt compelled to celebrate
In an unforgettable way.

You’ve only got ONE LIFE to live
It should be with NO REGRET
So I’m helping you to take a RISK
That you never will forget!

Today we’re going skydiving!
Don’t kill me! It’ll be fun.
You’ll be so glad you did it
When all is said and done.

So strap on some courage with your parachute
And let’s drive to Santa Cruz
We’ll be landing on a sandy beach
After seeing breathtaking views.

Just think of it as an illustration
For your sermon next Sunday!
What better way to introduce
The message you want to convey?!

So happy birthday, Andy!
It’s a crazy gift, I know…
A gift you never knew you wanted
To help celebrate your Big 3-0!

1 comment:

Heather and Adam said...

Awesome! It is a beautiful day as well.