Thursday, May 5, 2011

A little get-a-way

Sorry I've been a little MIA around here this week. Well, I'm not 100% sorry, because the reason I haven't been blogging is because Andy & I went to Half Moon Bay for a couple nights to celebrate our 8 year anniversary. Our amazing friends, Mandy & Filipe, kept our boys so that we could get away.

Over a year ago, Andy & I were at a benefit dinner for the Freedom House where there was a silent auction. We bid on (and won!) a 2 nights stay at the Old Thyme Inn Bed & Breakfast in Half Moon Bay. It was awesome! If any of you are in the market for a Bed & Breakfast, I would highly recommend this one. The food was amazing, the house is quaint and decorated with lovely antique furniture, and there is a beautiful garden that we were able to enjoy.

We slept in, went for a run together, stuffed ourselves on breakfast, enjoyed a leisurely quiet time in the garden, and then strolled around the rest of the day. Over our 2 day trip, we visited the beach, ate at a couple great restaurants, read a ton, watched the sunset on the Pacific, and enjoyed a couple movies on Netflix. It really was a perfect couple of days for us.

The beautiful garden where we spent time alone with God (& each other!)




 Dinner at "Sam's Chowder House". This restaurant was evidently on The 
Food Network and is famous for their Lobster Roll. It was really delicious!

A breathtaking sunset
(side note: as we were enjoying the sunset, my mom sent me a text 
that just said, "Osama Bin Laden is dead". Added bonus!)

No comments: