Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine Fun

I'm not exactly sure what came over me this Valentine's Day, but I got really into it! I think I must have just been really inspired by various ideas I picked up from some blogs I read (none of these are original ideas). I took photos throughout the day to share our fun with you!

Breakfast of Champions:


Each love of my life was greeted with a love note and some "I love you" pancakes. (I used a turkey baster with the pancake mix to write their names.)

Opening cards and packages from grandparents!

Preparing Valentine's for Caedmon's preschool classmates:
 The diligent worker needed a lolipop to keep him going!

The girls got a pair of sunglasses and a card that said:
"Valentine, you LIGHT UP the room!"

 The boys got a car and and card that said, 
"Valentine, I WHEELIE like you!"

And my personal favorite...
We gave both of his teachers a SBUX gift card with a card that said,
"Valentine, when you're in the mood for something steamy..."

When I thought of the idea for his teachers, I cracked myself up! I thought to myself, "This is really inappropriate, but it's too funny not to do!" I know both of his teachers and I think (hope) they thought it was as cute as I did.

For dinner we enjoyed almond chicken, glazed carrots, asparagus, and couscous. I say "we", but that only includes Andy, Sammy, and myself. My picky eater wouldn't touch it.

 And for the really yummy part (remember I am a dessert addict)
 Ghirardelli brownies with fudge icing

And, chocolate covered strawberries!

Yeah, we definitely consumed a few too many calories on Monday. It was great, though! I hope that you and the loves of your life enjoyed a wonderful day together!

No comments: