Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Week: Random

Here's a list of ten random things I love:
  1. I love hot tea and typically have at least one cup per day. Chai and earl grey are my favorites.
  2. I love desserts. It's borderline a disorder how much I love desserts. My two favorites are tuxedo cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and good ol' chocolate chip cookies.
  3. I love Broadway shows. For my birthday/Christmas, Andy knows I would normally rather have tickets to a Broadway show than anything else. It's not always possible, but it is always special!
  4. I love(d) breastfeeding Caedmon. TMI, I know. I just think breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful, pure, and intimate acts in life. I have to remind myself that it is a social faux pas to stare at a mother breastfeeding her child. When I weaned Caedmon at 13 months, we both cried. 
  5. I love traveling internationally. Not so much the actual traveling part, but I love seeing new places and experiencing new cultures. 
  6. I love riding horses. Not so much the trail riding, ten horses in a straight line type. But the run them until they can't run anymore type. I had a horse growing up and some of my best childhood memories surround my experiences with that horse.
  7. I love laying on a blanket watching my kids play at the playground. Side note- a couple weeks ago we were leaving the playground and I said, "Boys, wasn't that so much fun?!" To which Caedmon replied, "Mom, how could you have had fun just laying there? You didn't even play in the sand or go down the slide!"
  8. I love the feeling I have after a great workout. Wish I had that feeling more often!! :-)
  9. I love it when other people make (almost) all my decisions for me! That's weird, huh? I'm just not very opinionated about most things. I don't care where we eat, I don't care what flowers I have in my wedding, I don't care what toppings you get on the pizza, and I don't even care that much about what movie we watch. Don't get me wrong. I do have opinions on some things and I may be one of the most stubborn people you'll ever meet when it comes to those issues (not my best quality). But most things, you can decide.
  10. I love the beauty of God's creation. There is something so majestic, so life-giving about staring out into the ocean or being surrounded by snow capped mountains. It reminds me how small I am and how big God is...and that's a good thing to think about.

No comments: