It is "Love Week" in the Wood household, so I'm going to share with you a little glimpse of what I love about the 3 most important men in my life.
First up, Andrew Michael.
- I love watching Andy preach every Sunday. You will always find me with my Bible and journal open, taking notes as fast as I can. I learn so much from him and it never ceases to amaze me how each message seems to truly grip his heart.
- I love that he's not a picky eater. He likes to eat healthy, but he will eat whatever I serve him. That makes him easy to cook for!
- I love that Andy can look at me from across the room or even while he's preaching and I know exactly what he's thinking...like we just had a 5 minute conversation through a glance of the eyes.
- I love that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He laughs at his own quirks and often makes himself the butt of the joke.
- I love the feeling I have every Friday night after we drop the boys off with Mandy & Fi and we are on our way out for Date Night.
- I love that I can trust Andy completely. He has such strict boundaries for himself as to the ways he interacts with other women. No car rides alone with another woman, no unsupervised meetings with another woman, no discussing personal matters with another woman, etc... It speaks volumes to me about his priority and protection of our marriage.
- I love that Andy values my opinion and asks for it often. It means the world to me that I get to be involved in almost every major decision that he makes, not only with regards to our family, but also with South Bay. He truly listens to what I think and uses my perspective to help him make his final decision. This makes me feel so apart of the vision and ministry of South Bay Church. This is not just "Andy's thing" and I do my own thing. We are a team and God has called us both to this ministry.
- I love that he is generous...with me, with our kids, with others, with our church.
- I love that he has the remnants of a 6th finger. Seriously. His dad was born with a 6th finger (I believe). It wasn't a full size finger and was removed at birth. Andy was born with just a little nub where a 6th finger would go. I call it "Nubbies" and I love to pick at it...not sure that Andy really loves this, though.
- I love that I am the one woman in this life that gets to call Andy Wood her husband. It is an honor and privilege to be married to such an amazing man of God, and I do not take it for granted.