Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love Week: Andy

 
It is "Love Week" in the Wood household, so I'm going to share with you a little glimpse of what I love about the 3 most important men in my life.

First up, Andrew Michael.

  1. I love watching Andy preach every Sunday. You will always find me with my Bible and journal open, taking notes as fast as I can. I learn so much from him and it never ceases to amaze me how each message seems to truly grip his heart. 
  2. I love that he's not a picky eater. He likes to eat healthy, but he will eat whatever I serve him. That makes him easy to cook for!
  3. I love that Andy can look at me from across the room or even while he's preaching and I know exactly what he's thinking...like we just had a 5 minute conversation through a glance of the eyes. 
  4. I love that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He laughs at his own quirks and often makes himself the butt of the joke. 
  5. I love the feeling I have every Friday night after we drop the boys off with Mandy & Fi and we are on our way out for Date Night. 
  6. I love that I can trust Andy completely. He has such strict boundaries for himself as to the ways he interacts with other women. No car rides alone with another woman, no unsupervised meetings with another woman, no discussing personal matters with another woman, etc... It speaks volumes to me about his priority and protection of our marriage.
  7. I love that Andy values my opinion and asks for it often. It means the world to me that I get to be involved in almost every major decision that he makes, not only with regards to our family, but also with South Bay. He truly listens to what I think and uses my perspective to help him make his final decision. This makes me feel so apart of the vision and ministry of South Bay Church. This is not just "Andy's thing" and I do my own thing. We are a team and God has called us both to this ministry.
  8. I love that he is generous...with me, with our kids, with others, with our church.
  9. I love that he has the remnants of a 6th finger. Seriously. His dad was born with a 6th finger (I believe). It wasn't a full size finger and was removed at birth. Andy was born with just a little nub where a 6th finger would go. I call it "Nubbies" and I love to pick at it...not sure that Andy really loves this, though.
  10. I love that I am the one woman in this life that gets to call Andy Wood her husband. It is an honor and privilege to be married to such an amazing man of God, and I do not take it for granted. 
What about you? I shared 10 things with you that I love about my spouse. I would love to hear at least one thing that you love about yours!!!

5 comments:

Mary Lu said...

Stacie Wood: “What about you? I shared 10 things with you that I love about my spouse. I would love to hear at least one thing that you love about yours!!!”

Ten things I love about Chris Jokisch
1. I love that his love language is physical touch. Not a day goes by that I don’t get a minimum of two hugs and kisses. I can always count on the one where he loads me and the boys in the car in the morning and the one first thing when he walks in the door after work.
2. I love that I overheard him through the ceiling vent last night singing Silas to sleep.
3. I love that he has zero hesitations about caring for Zerrin and Silas if I step out for a coffee break or a night out with the ladies.
4. I love that every morning he runs down a checklist making sure I have everything I need for the day.
5. I love that he cleaned the whole kitchen tonight while I put my feet up at the table.
6. I love that we share the same family values and beliefs and we uphold each other to those.
7. I love that he loves me unconditionally and monogamously.
8. I love his non-confrontational go with the flow laid back spirit.
9. I love the way he carries me to bed when I fall asleep on the couch. He even will change me into my pajamas and offer me a glass of water before kissing me good night.
10. I love the quite conversation we had last night about the times we used to have. Specifically, how he would always have our friends wait until I got off work to see movies, so I could go with them. Without fail 15 minutes into the movie I would be asleep in his lap. His went on for years, but his dedication to wait for me was phenomenal.

Stacie said...

Thank you SO MUCH, Mary Lu! This put a huge smile on my face. I sure hope you let Chris read this!! :-)

Stacie said...

Ahh, I just went to your blog and saw you posted it there. Good call!

McMommy said...

Thanks for the inspiration Stacie... Here's what I love about Scott

1. I love the fact that Scott is so responsible with our finances. He keeps us both grounded when the world keeps throwing materialism and greed in our face.
2. I love the way he laughs when he thinks something is hilarious.
3. I love that he is so passionate about sports. He is in his element when he is watching, playing or talking about sports.
4. I love that he's taken steps to become the leader of our family.
5. I love that he supports me with EVERYTHING I do. No matter how crazy or how many he will support and encourage me.
6. I love that he knows me better than anyone else, including myself... and I love that he loves to tell me that all the time ;)
7. I love that he enjoys traveling and I'm looking forward to spending time exploring Italy with him this spring.
8. I love that he washes the dishes because that's the last thing I want to do at night.
9. I love that he loves my family, especially my nephews and sister.
10. I love that we've been able to spend the last ten years growing together and I am so blessed to spend the rest of my life with him.

Stacie said...

Thanks, Kristina! That was awesome.