Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Week: Caedmon

Top 10 things I love about Caedmon:
  1. I love that Caedmon wakes up slowly and is super cuddly in the morning and after naptime. My absolute favorite thing is to wake him up from nap by crawling in bed with him and snuggling him awake.
  2. I love that Caedmon has a growing attention span and can engage in one activity for quite some time now.
  3. I love how imaginative Caedmon is. He is rarely "just Caedmon". He's always some type of super hero, or pirate, or fireman, or whatever else he can envision.
  4. I love that Caedmon loves books. He would let me read to him for over an hour...and occasionally I do! I'm so excited for him that he will learn to read soon. The whole world will open up to him then!
  5. Caedmon says at least one ridiculous and hilarious comment per day. I try to tweet them just so I have a record of them.
  6. I love that Caedmon's face looks absolutely angelic at times. There is a sweetness about his face that melts my heart. (I have definitely had the thought that God gave him that face to make up for some of the not-so-angelic behavior that he's blessed us with.)
  7. I love the way it sounds when Caedmon gets really tickled about something (normally one of his own jokes) and he just laughs uncontrollably.
  8. I love that Caedmon has an amazing memory. It's really quite stunning. We were driving down the road one day and Caedmon quoted me my entire "Welcome" that I did at South Bay's Christmas Eve service...literally word-for-word. The only time he heard me practice it was on the car ride to the service which was about a month prior to when he quoted it.
  9. I love that Caedmon is FINALLY beginning to respond to the discipline that Andy and I have so diligently been administering since he was a baby. I promise you, it felt like we were banging our heads against a wall when it came to finding effective discipline with him from the time he was 15 months-4 years old. But, lo and behold, the passing of the 4th birthday has started making the pieces fall into place. We still have a ways to go, but this is progress, People. Major progress!
  10. I love that Caedmon is affectionate. I told Caedmon the other day, "I love that no matter how big you grow, you are always the perfect fit for my arms." He loves to be close...holding hands in the car, hip to hip watching a movie, nose to nose as I tell him goodnight or goodbye. He is my cuddle-bug.
When I tuck Caedmon in bed at night, I always say to him, "Who does Mommy love?" And he points to himself. That was the first "game" I taught Caedmon. He's been doing it since he was 6 months old!

No comments: