Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shaping a Warrior

On Mother's Day, Andy gave me the awesome privilege and opportunity to share a little of my heart with our church. I entitled the message, "Shaping a Warrior" and talked about the reality that if we, as parents, want to raise a warrior/warrior princess for the Kingdom of God, than we have to be warriors ourselves.

"Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
                                          Psalm 127

In preparation for my talk, Andy, Archie, and I headed out to an Archery Range to take a lesson in the art of bow & arrows. Prior to this experience I had never actually shot a bow & arrow before. Shocking, I know. Check out this video that Archie made:

Raising a Warrior from South Bay Church on Vimeo.

I'm not going to try to recap the whole talk, but if you'd like to listen to it (and I would be so honored), you can click here. If you do listen to it, leave me a comment with your feedback!

No comments: