Thursday, May 14, 2009

Podcast Favorites

I'm a little bit of a podcast-junkie. Yesterday I realized that I listened to four in one day! That was highly abnormal for me, but I typically listen to at least one a day.

Yesterday, I listened to Andy Stanley while I was working out, another Andy Stanley message while I got ready, a Beth Moore talk that corresponded with the place I am in my Bible study on Esther, and another DVD during Caedmon's naptime that a friend loaned me. Sometimes I listen while I'm cooking, cleaning, or if I have a long drive somewhere. It's a great way to fill my mind with truth instead of letting it sit idle or digress into something worse than idleness.

So I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite podcasts that I listen to on a regular basis.

Steven Furtick, Elevation Church--
very inspirational and motivating, powerful communicator

Mark Driscoll, Mars Hill Church--
lots of research, bold in his communication of truth, sarcastic/funny

Andy Stanley, North Point Church--
so wise. so simple.

Craig Groeschel, LifeChurch.tv--
passionate, innovative, awesome leader


Those are the ones I subscribe to and listen to almost weekly. They can all be downloaded for free on iTunes.

I know it's a little over-the-top to listen to so many podcasts and that there is no way that I could possibly absorb or remember all that truth. But, hey, most of us don't even absorb or remember the truth that we hear at church on Sunday, so I just keep pouring it into my brain and hopefully some of it will stick.

Most nights it takes me a while to fall asleep, so I lay in bed and try to remember the different talks I listened to that day. Kinda my system for review, I guess.

I'd love to hear any of your suggestions for favorite podcasts.

2 comments:

Jenny McPherson said...

I'm a podcast junkie too girl! I second Steven Furtick! Awesome communicator. I still remember him bringing the word to those middle schoolers at Old Fort! Didn't he do "The Kiss" weekend? Ahh-good memories. I listen/watch Francis Chan - Simi Valley Church alot too. I love how passionately he loves Jesus. Another podcast I like is Andy Wood - SouthBay Church :) His passion for God's will for his life is inspiring. One thing that has always stuck out to me is how much he draws from the Lord and seeks of the Lord before doing things.

Shannon said...

I have a list of great podcasts for kids over at my blog: www.seekingtoglorify.blogspot.com/2009/01/on-great-podcasts-for-kids.html

I enjoy listening to John Piper's messages, Albert Mohler's podcasts, and James Dobson on marriage and parenting. (I also listen to Mark Driscoll. I'll have to check out the others you suggested - thanks!)