Monday, May 11, 2009

I know, I know, I'm spoiled!

Several people asked me how our picnic was last Thursday. We had such a great time! Andy was really surprised and impressed. The park was absolutely perfect...we sat on a hill overlooking a lake and we had very few visitors (except for the geese that nearly attacked us!). It was really special.
In planning the evening I had considered getting reservations somewhere really nice, like Morton's. But this was just as romantic and only a fraction of the money.


Self-portrait
We took about 15 of these before one of them worked!

For Anniversary/Mother's Day, Andy gave me a new cell phone (mine was pretty much toast) and a beautiful dress from Banana Republic. People are surprised when I tell them that Andy buys clothes for me, but he's actually a lot better at it than I am. I hate to shop. See this post for explanation. So I only like to go shopping if someone is with me...and that someone CANNOT be Caedmon!
Then, after church, Andy made me french toast, bacon, and fresh strawberries! This speaks volumes because Andy NEVER cooks. An enormous act of love. He topped it off by cleaning the kitchen and watching an episode of Lie to Me with me.
When Caedmon woke up from his nap, we all went swimming and that sums up my fantastic Anniversary/Mother's Day weekend!

No comments: