Wednesday, July 27, 2011


What a week this has been! And it's only Wednesday!!!

Sammy, Caedmon and I, along with nearly 200 other kids and volunteers, have been participating in South Bay's 2nd annual Kids' Games event. It has been fun, energizing, exhausting, and crazy all at the same time! I wish I had some photos to show you, but I've been too busy running around cheering for the "Red Cubs" with a bunch of 9 year old girls! There has been many-a-photo taken this week, just not by me. So I will hopefully get my hands on some of those and post them at a later time.

Here are a few of my highlights so far:
  • We gave each other nicknames today. My girls named me "Sunshine", which totally melted my heart!
  • The nickname Caedmon gave himself was "Faster Than Anyone". Makes me laugh every time I think about it!
  • I totally nailed some kid in the face with a water bomb yesterday! I felt like yelling, "I'm sorry!" and "I got you!" all at once. 
  • I have a tiny little 2nd grade girl (probably less than 40 pounds) that ROCKED at dodge ball today. She was getting so frustrated with her volleyball skills, but when we got to dodge ball, she was the last one standing! I put her on someone shoulders and we all gathered around chanting her name!
  • One of my girls comes from a Buddhist family. Today I overheard her singing all the songs that we're teaching them: "Jesus, you're my super-hero. You're my star, my best friend." Planting seeds, I tell ya.
Kids' Games, oh how I love thee!

No comments: