Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm an expert carpet cleaner...

This morning, instead of enjoying a nice quiet time of Bible study while the Littles watched a show, my activity looked a little more like this...

As I scrubbed the poop out of the carpet this morning it reminded me a little too much of this incident. Fortunately this was a first time event for Sammy, while Caedmon was a recurrent offender. (I have the pictures to prove it.)

To be sure, that is not the way I was hoping to start my day this morning, but my kids have provided me with several laughs this week that I thought I'd share.

  • Caedmon told me that when he grows up he plans on working at BayKids on Sundays and being a ninja the rest of the week. I thought it sounded like a pretty good plan.
  • As we were driving down the road, 3-year-old Sammy said, "I make plan, Mommy." Already intrigued I said, "Okay, Sammy, what's your plan?" He replied, "I go meeting. I go playground." Sounds like important stuff to me!
  • When I told Caedmon I love him, he said, "I love you more!" I said, "NEVER!" So he said, "I love you just as much!" And I said, "NEVER!" So he said, "I love you 8 times less." 
  • The other day Andy said to me, "One thing I love about my job is that I have 3 or 4 really high-capacity people who directly report to me." I replied, "I have 2 really low-capacity people who report to me." Andy agreed. 
So today, Moms & Dads, I hope that you are able to find something to laugh about with however many low-capacity people are reporting to you!

No comments: