Monday, October 15, 2012

A Marriage Getaway

This post is not intended to make anyone jealous...
 ...it's just too good not to share.

Marriage getaway. Lake Tahoe. Birthday weekend. 

Slow mornings at Starbucks. 

Reading for hours.  

A hike around Emerald Bay. 

Freedom. Joy. Fun. 

(I love Andy's expression.) 

An afternoon treat. Latte for Andy. Ice cream for me. 

Perfect fall weather. Breath-taking views. Rich conversations.

Movie watching. Dessert eating. Nap taking. Memory making.

It took planning and budgeting and the help of some awesome friends watching our kiddos. But it was a highlight of my year.

So thankful for my man. I'll roadtrip with you anytime, Baby!

1 comment:

Jane in TX said...

Thanks for sharing your special weekend! May the joy, fun, & richness spill over into daily life for weeks & months to come. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!