Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Honoring your husband

Andy and I went to Crossroads Church on Sunday which is our local sponsoring church. The pastor, Paul McGovern, began a new series called Fireproof Your Marriage. One thing that he emphasized in the message was the importance of always portraying your spouse in a positive light to others. It's true that every marriage (and every spouse) has areas that "need improvement." But those should be discussed in private with the intent to build up. So many women speak negatively about their husbands to their friends or in public which shows a total lack of respect for their husbands. As wives, we should be the greatest protectors of the honor of our husband's name. This was a great reminder for me, so I thought I would share it with you!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey, Stacie...
My in-laws came a couple weeks ago to visit us and brought the marriage book ("Love Dare") that was featured in the movie "Fireproof". Lee and I have gone through a couple days. It's worth checking out if you haven't already.