This is one of my favorite P90X recipes. It may seem slightly complicated because it's three recipes, but it's really quite simple to make and most of the ingredients are easy to keep on hand. We had it last night for dinner and Andy said, "I really think you could sell this salad at a restaurant!" Too bad I didn't invent it. Let me know if you try it!
Island Pork Tenderloin
16 oz pork tenderloin, lean
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chile powder, and cinnamon; then coat pork with spice rub.
3. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat and brown pork, turning, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat on top of tenderloin. Place pork in a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. (Mine took a little longer. I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to make sure it comes out at just the right temperature (160 degrees for pork). That way it's not too raw and not too dry. Perfecto!)
Island Pork Tenderloin Salad
(If you are about my size you would be considered "Level 1" in P90X terms. If you are Andy's size you would be "Level 2". I will put the specific amounts for each level next to each ingredient Level 1= L1, Level 2= L2.)
L1- 1/2; L2- 3/4 orange, peeled and cut
L1- 2 cups; L2- 3 cups salad greens
L1- 1/2; L2- 3/4 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
L1- 1 tablespoon; L2- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
L1- 6 oz; L2- 8 oz. Island Pork Tenderloing
L1- 2 tablespoon; L2- 3 tablespoons Cumin Vinaigrette
1. Peel and cut oranges crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices and set aside.
2. Toss salad greens bell pepper and raisins in a large bowl.
3. Prepare the dressing.
4. Mound salad mixture on a large plate. Arrange pork and orange slices on top and drizzle with dressing.
Cumin Vinaigrette (serves 2)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Whisk together until emulsified.