Friday, January 8, 2010

Back to Reality; Back to Life

Tomorrow Caedmon and I will be flying back to California after spending 14 days in South Carolina. It has been such a nice reprieve from reality with minimal cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, appointments, and errands. I've been able to enjoy visiting with each of my family members, eating my mom's cooking and at some favorite SC restaurants, and doing special things with my mom and Caedmon. We spent one morning at the library, another at a children's museum, and another at Monkey Joe's (which has lots of bounce houses). It has felt like vacation for me!

























I am bracing myself for the 12 hours of travel that Caedmon and I will get to enjoy tomorrow. I wonder if we'll get "body scanned" or have to take off half of our clothes to get through security. As long as I can avoid the strip search, I think I'll be okay. I'm also looking forward to having a jetlagged child who may quite possibly be waking up at 4:30 AM for the next week. If that happens, I'll be sure to start sending "Good Morning" text messages to all my friends in CA so they can enjoy the morning with me.

Saying goodbye is always sad, but I have a lot that I'm looking forward to back in California in 2010. And, I mean, how hard can it really be to have to go home to beautiful California? I love where I live and I feel so blessed to be called by God to serve there!

No comments: