Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Andy!!!


Today is Andy's 29th birthday...soon to be a real adult! In honor of my husband I thought I'd share with you 5 quirky things about Andy that you may not know (He may deny these, but we know the truth, right?):

  1. Where ever we are, Andy always sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom. This is because Andy suffers from TBS (tiny bladder syndrome...which is not actually a real syndrome for all of you who just got concerned). When Andy is getting ready for bed he always goes to the bathroom at least 3 times. He wants to make sure he gets everything out, I guess, so he won't have to get up again. But it doesn't matter, because EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. he will get up about 10 minutes after we lay down to go to the bathroom one more time AND he will get up again in the middle of the night! Geez! Worse than a pregnant woman!
  2. Andy will easily fall asleep on the couch watching a movie (even a very suspenseful one) but is wide awake and ready to chat again as soon as we get in bed. Me? Not so much. I can never fall asleep in a movie and feel the compulsion to finish it, even if it's horrible. And once I'm in bed, I've only got two words for ya: Good. Night.
  3. One time I timed Andy's shower (without him knowing it) because I kept feeling like his showers were excessively long...especially for a guy. 14 minutes. I don't know if that says more about my personality or his. 
  4. Andy recently asked me if I thought it'd be fun to go camping together. I didn't even stop to think about it. Immediate answer: NO. I'm not even sure why he asked because he is not outdoorsy at all. Our idea of camping would be staying at the Holiday Inn. I think he just romanticized the thought of "living off the land" and momentarily forgot how much WORK camping takes. When I reminded him that he'd not be able to charge his laptop, iPhone, or iPad while camping, he snapped right out of his daydream. 
  5. Eggs. That's the one thing that Andy can cook, and he does multiple times a week. But if we ever leave the house together after an "egg-morning" he will invariably ask me, "Did I turn off the stove?" It's the same gene that requires him to get out of bed every night to double check that the doors are locked. The funny thing is, I don't think he's ever left the stove on OR the doors unlocked.
 Happy Birthday, Baby. You make me smile!

No comments: