Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update: Leaving for Ethiopia in FIVE DAYS

So we got another phone call from our adoption agency this morning saying that they really needed us to take the August 18th Embassy appointment if there was any way possible we could do that. To make a long story short, we decided that I could travel alone and Andy would stay here to be with Caedmon. Crazy, I know.

It's a mixed bag for me. In some ways I'm bummed that Andy won't get to travel with me and be apart of it all. Plus I know it's going to be a loooooong journey home with Wondimu all by myself. Moving up the travel date also makes this week completely insane.

But on the other hand, I am absolutely ecstatic that this time next week I will be with Wondimu! I will get full custody of him next Tuesday or Wednesday and he will be staying with me at the guest house the whole week. That makes me smile.

It also makes me smile to think that two weeks from today our family of four will all be together in one location! Forever. I can handle a couple weeks of chaos to get that awesome reward!

2 comments:

The Noy Maker said...

I'm SO HAPPY I popped on over here today! What an update! I will absolutely be praying for your journey! I'm so excited that you will get to bring Wondimu home:-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome news. I am so excited for you and pray that all goes well with Wondimu on your flight back., I have flown over 24hrs with Jason since he was baby and am so lucky to have good neighbors on the flight. Things are so much easy nowadays. I will be praying for you and that all goes well with the Embassy and that when you arrive in SFO you have a great welcome from the INS officer. May His light shine upon you and guide you and bring you back home safe.BJ