Sunday, January 9, 2011

Awakening


This Sunday, South Bay Church joined with churches all over the world in a new series called, "Awakening". We are focusing the next 21 days on prayer, fasting, and personal devotion.

Andy preached an awesome sermon today about the story of Zacchaeus and his decision to say "Yes" to Christ. He challenged our church to make that our decision this year...before we're faced with the question, before the opportunity to deviate arises, before the invitation exists...whatever God asks of us, may our answer be "YES!"

Andy concluded his sermon with a story about Mother Teresa and her wholehearted devotion to Christ. He read several of her prayers/declarations that I wanted to share with you. May these prayers be echoed in our own hearts this year:
  • Lord, I yield myself fully to You.
  • I embrace Your calling on my life.
  • I will do Your bidding without delay.
  • I will refuse You nothing.
  • I will endure all hardships for Your sake.
  • When I don't feel Your presence, I will still be faithful.
  • I will seek to love You as You have never been loved before.
  • Here am I. Send me.
 I am so excited about our fast that starts tomorrow. Andy & I have opted to do a Daniel Fast and also to not watch TV/movies throughout the week (with the exception of date night). I realize that fasting is not on the Top 10 list of what most Americans enjoy doing, but I feel such a need to cleanse my body physically after the holidays and to refocus my heart spiritually as we launch into this new year. I believe God has great things in store for us this year and I want to be ready for them!

If you'd like some ideas for the Daniel Fast, click on the "Daniel Fast" label on my right side bar. I also plan on posting a couple new recipes as well.

Stay tuned to my blog this week as I'm going to be sharing my Top 4 lessons learned/themes of 2010. The titles will be:
  1. God's Provision
  2. Despicable Me
  3. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
  4. Embrace this season, but don't hide behind it

No comments: