Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just one more reason...

...why I absolutely adore Andy Wood.

The other night Andy came home and said, "Stacie, there's something I feel like God wants me to do, so I don't want you to fight me on it."

Wow. How's that for an opening line?!

I was bracing myself for what he might say...maybe, "I think I should write a book this year," or "I think we should start another campus for South Bay," or "I'm thinking of taking on another wife and embracing a polygamous lifestyle." (yeah right.)

No. Instead, he said, "I think I'm supposed to stay home to take care of the boys while you go to the Catalyst West Conference with all the leaders from South Bay."

WHAT?!?! Catalyst West is one of the best conferences in the country. South Bay is taking all of our staff, several of the spouses, and a group of leaders. I really wanted to go and was a little disappointing that I wouldn't be able to this year, but we really didn't have any options. We're extremely picky who we leave our boys with...especially Sammy.

I tried to talk Andy out of it (even though he had already told me not to!). I told him that it was a ridiculous idea and that all those leaders from South Bay were going and he needed to be there to invest in them. But he had an answer to every one of my objections. He's going to be traveling a couple weeks in February and he wanted to bless me with a little time to be re-energized and replenished spiritually.

So, let me know if you're going to be at Catalyst West this year. I'd love to meet you! I'll be the one with a blissful grin on my face and no peanut butter smudges on my jeans!

No comments: