Sunday, January 23, 2011

Souper Salad

We are entering the final week of our Daniel Fast. If you have been fasting during this time, I would love, love, love to hear what God has been doing in your heart...so please leave me a comment. It has been a wonderful season for Andy & me. Andy said his time with the Lord has been so fresh and good. He's literally been back in his little "cave" for nearly 1.5-2 hours every morning. For me, I feel like God has given me a clear sense of vision and direction for what He wants me to focus on this year, specifically as it relates to the women of South Bay Church. I am so excited for what I feel like He has in store!

Last night, Andy & I enjoyed a simple but yummy Daniel Fast dinner...so I wanted to share it with you! I didn't have time yesterday to make a soup from scratch, but thanks to Safeway we were able to enjoy this yummy goodness:
I added a salad with it called "Ozarks Sunset Fruit Salad". It was pretty amazing. I got the recipe for it from a great website that Woody and Mabel from Grand Rapids, MI let me know about (Thanks for the comment!). This website is FULL of recipes and info on the Daniel Fast. Very helpful. So, here's the recipe for the salad that we had last night (and that we're having again tonight!).


Ozarks Sunset Fruit Salad

4 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
4 kiwifruit, peeled & cut into half moons
2 cups oranges, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup blueberries
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Serves 4.

Recipe Notes
  • Serve with Orange-Poppy Seed Salad Dressing or Apple-Cinnamon Salad Dressing.

Orange-Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon diced red onion
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/4 teaspoon orange zest
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a covered glass jar, and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments: