Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Barbara's Rice, Black Beans, and Corn

Andy and I joke that every meal for the Daniel Fast is pretty much just a different combination of brown rice, black beans, and/or corn. This recipe is no exception, but it's really tasty.

Ingredients:
1 can organic black beans (drained)
1 can organic corn (drained)
brown rice
homemade salsa or pico de gallo
avocado
organic corn tortillas (read label to check ingredients)

Instructions:
Cook brown rice. I mix one cup of dry rice with 2.5 cups of vegetable broth. It took about 40-45 minutes to cook in my rice cooker.

In a medium sauce pan, combine corn and black beans. I used frozen corn. I also added some cilantro, green onions, lime juice, and sea salt. Heat over medium.

Toast tortillas lightly in oven. Spoon rice and bean mixture on top. Add homemade salsa and avocado. I found some yummy pico de gallo at Trader Joe's that was Daniel Fast friendly. Enjoy!

No comments: