Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

The holidays are over and blogging is back in session. It's funny to me that I can be so giddy and excited about the holidays coming...putting out decorations, eating all the yummy food, spending time with family and friends...and then be every bit as excited and giddy that they are over...getting my house clean/uncluttered, eating healthy, and getting back into a sustainable routine.

We had a great holiday season and were able to see almost all of our family...
My parents & my brother were all able to visit us for an early Christmas in California.

After Christmas, we trekked up to Michigan to spend some time with Andy's family. This is the first time we've had the whole side of the family together since Meaghan and George's wedding almost 6 years ago. And at that point my sister-in-law, Jamie, and the 3 kiddos were not yet apart of the picture. It was so good to all be together.

We also got to spend time with Andy's mom, brothers, and "Nanny" while in Michigan. It was fun watching everyone meet Sammy for the first time. Our two boys left Michigan with no lack of love (or presents)!

Now it's back to grocery runs, washing clothes, updating finances, and picking up the same toy 12 times a day. But, somehow, that sounds oh so wonderful to me right now. Embracing the mundane.

No comments: