Friday, July 9, 2010

A Daddy's Boy!

I don't have much time to write tonight because Andy is ready to go to sleep...but I had to share this one most precious story of the day. Wondimu, for the first time today, began to show preference toward us as opposed to other people. He seems particularly attached to Andy, which is thrilling to me because I thought he may have attachment issues to Andy since he was abandoned by his father. Today, someone else picked up Wondimu and he immediately began reaching for Andy. That may not seem like a big deal, but to us it was huge.

Then, the best part...it was time for us to say goodbye so I was taking Wondimu back to the nursery with the other children. Andy stood right outside the nursery and gave Wondimu a great big hug. When I took Wondimu from Andy and he realized that Andy wasn't coming, he threw his head back and began to cry. (Wondimu is a very happy child and I've only seen him cry two other times in the 5 days we've spent with him.) I tried to distract Wondimu with toys, but he was not having it. He continued to wail until Andy walked back in the room and picked him up! He immediately dried it up and got a huge smile on his face. Ahhh, nothing could have been sweeter.

I think we have a Daddy's Boy in the making!

No comments: