Thursday, July 29, 2010

Enjoy This Moment



This week I have been struck with the realization that I only have about one month left of having Caedmon all to myself. When we welcome Wondimu into our home, our whole world is going to change (for the better). Caedmon will suddenly become a big brother and I will be a mother of two. In light of that, I am making it my effort to enjoy every moment I have with just him.

This week Caedmon and I have been to the playground, visited the zoo, and been swimming twice. We have eaten a picnic lunch outside the past three days. We are enjoying summer, enjoying each other, and enjoying life. What a sweet time!

One of the best parts of my day is going into Caedmon's room in the morning, crawling in bed with him, and snuggling as he slowly wakes up. I recently made the mistake of letting Andy do this one morning. Now that he realizes how precious those moments are, we have to arm wrestle to see who gets to do it!

I don't know what season of life you are in right now...whether good or bad...but one thing is for certain, the season won't last long. When I look back on Caedmon's childhood, I want to know that I treasured my time with him. Sure, some bath times get rushed and tantrums are less-than-treasured. But on the whole, I want to know that I enjoyed this season.

How about you? Are you embracing the season in which God has you right now?

No comments: