Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chocolate Chip Biscotti

My friend, Marissa, makes biscotti like it is going out of style and it is seriously the best biscotti you've ever tasted. One reason it's so good it because she doesn't overcook it until it's so dry that you choke on it. I needed something sweet tonight, so I attempted to whip some up. While I don't think I got the cooking time quite right, I am making myself sick eating too much of it as I type this. So, I thought I'd share this yummy recipe with you so you can go make yourself sick on it, too!

Chocolate Chip Biscotti (by Marissa Lockett)

1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter (room temp)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2.5 cups flour
as much chocolate chips as you want (I add 1 cup semi-sweet)

Preheat oven to 400. Cream sugar and butter. Blend in eggs until light and fluffy. Blend in baking powder. Then add flour. Fold in chocolate chips.

Form into a loaf and bake until golden brown. (I don't know the exact length of time, but more than 30 minutes.) Place the baking sheet on a lower shelf in the oven so that the top doesn't brown too quickly. Slice while warm.

No comments: