Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Great Day at Monterrey Bay

My friend, Nadine, and I loaded up my van with four carseats, two strollers, two picnics, and 4 children ages 4 and under to head to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. We had such a good time! The aquarium is just as fascinating for adults as it is for children...sometimes even more so. The kids were mesmerized with all of the colors and variety and creativity of God's creation. 

 I love the looks on Caedmon & Laura-Ann's faces. Complete wonder.

 Listening. Looking. Learning.

 I could watch the jellyfish all day. The room where this exhibit is has dimmed lights and 
peaceful music. The way the jellyfish float about is almost hypnotic. So beautiful.


 Sammy is stuck to Caedmon like glue. Absolutely adores him, although Sammy does 
try to conceal his adoration with whines and screams whenever Caedmon touches 
him. Caedmon pretends he doesn't like his little shadow, but he can't fool me! If his 
shadow disappears for more than a couple minutes, Caedmon comes looking for him!

 Caedmon & Laura-Ann surveying the Pacific

 Beautiful Alyssa

Alyssa also adores her older sibling!

 This is an enormous red octopus. Absolutely fascinating to watch. He was moving all 
over the place while we were there, back and forth across the glass with his 
hundreds (thousands?) of suction cups. The picture doesn't do it justice. I've heard 
that octopuses are as intelligent as a 2 or 3 year old, which may not seem all that 
intelligent, but when you think about the levels of complicated mischief a 2 year old 
can get into, it's pretty amazing.

 Sammy & Laura-Ann checking out the penguins


My beautiful, kissable, lovable boys

On the way home all 4 kids fell asleep and Nadine and I had a glorious hour and a half of uninterrupted conversation!  It was a wonderful day. I'm sad that Nadine will be moving back to Canada in just over a week. She will be dearly missed!

No comments: