Friday, September 5, 2008

Good to Be Home, March 22

We flew to South Carolina last night because my brother is getting married on Saturday! The last time Caedmon was on a plane he was 11 months old and much less mobile and active. Fortunately the flight was not completely full, so Caedmon, Andy, and I got a row of three to ourselves. Too bad we didn't know that ahead of time or I would have brought his carseat on board with us. But, regardless, it was nice to have the extra room.

In all honesty, I'm not sure how we would have done it without that extra seat. The guidelines allow children under 2 to be considered an "infant in arms" without having to issue them a ticket. Well, Caedmon could hardly be considered an infant anymore and he's definitely not planning on staying in anyone's arms for 2 1/2 hours! I would feel very sorry for the person who was forced to sit next to us.

So, how did he do? Well, let's just say that about 20 minutes into the flight Andy said to me, "Did you feed this kid crack before we got on the plane?"He was wired! Stand up. Sit down. Stand up. Sit down. In Mommy's lap. In Daddy's lap. Thankfully there's a lot of "white noise" on planes so I don't think we were too disturbing to the passengers around us. We were toward the back of the plane and everyone behind us went to sleep. So Caedmon would stand up and look over the back of our seat and say, "Night, night...night, night...(nod his head), night, night...night, night (more head nodding)." I was just thankful he wasn't screaming! So, after coming up with 30 different 5 minute activities, we landed safely and were picked up by our good friend Mandy.

Last night when I went to sleep, I thought to myself, "It just feels better to fall asleep in South Carolina!" Andy must have been having similar thoughts because this morning he was looking out the window and said to me, "I think the sun shines more beautifully in some states than others." I replied, "Andy, I think it's more about what the sun is shining on!" Mmmmm, it's good to be home!

No comments: