Thursday, September 25, 2008

So cute, but you better not laugh!

Anyone who has ever worked with children understands that situation. The one where the kids do something so funny or so cute, but so naughty, and it’s all you can do to keep from laughing at them and thus encouraging undesirable behavior. Caedmon gave us two such examples within the past 24 hours.
Last night it was time for his bath, so I took his clothes off and told him to go get in the bath tub. I turned to walk to the bathroom and when I glanced back to make sure he was following me, this is what I saw:
Hmmm…He was just taking a slight detour, I guess!

Then today I put Caedmon down for his nap at 1:00 like usual. This past week he has been having a hard time falling asleep for his naps and at night time. He’ll stay in his bed like he’s supposed to, but you’ll hear him in there talking and singing for over an hour! Well, today around 2:20 (an hour and twenty minutes after I laid him down), he broke the Cardinal Rule and got out of his bed. Andy and I both thought he was sound asleep when suddenly he looks up and sees Caedmon sneaking around the corner with a huge grin on his face! Andy said it was all he could do not to laugh! I’ll end the story here so you won’t have to read about the unfortunate series of events that followed the breaking of the Cardinal Rule!

No comments: